Fantastic Cyber Security Opportunities for Royal Signals Soldiers
Cyber Protection – Combating Threats, Disarming Disrupters
In fast-paced environments such as The Military, speedily combating increasingly sophisticated cyber threats is mission critical.
It takes talent and skill such as that of Royal Signals Cyber Protection Teams (CPTs) to combat online enemies.
Cyber attackers know we’re alert to their traditional modes of attack such as scam emails with rogue links, so they’ve changed tack. They’re using sophisticated methods like Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) that rely on our own behaviour patterns to exploit vulnerabilities. APTs sit on network servers, keeping a low profile, blending in with regular Internet traffic, updating malware and hiding from traditional tools such as anti-virus. They very much become part of the system. Once embedded, hackers use difficult to detect ‘Command and Control’ (C2) communications to disrupt and to damage.
Dynamic – Professional – Qualified – Certified
Royal Signals Cyber Protection Teams use behavioural analytics to project power in cyber space. They identify and combat malware, and APTs, to enhance the threat visibility across a broad attack surface. CPTs are trained to a high standard with training from leading Industry providers such as SANS, Microsoft and Cisco. Their roles include conducting the following cyber protect activities:
- Configuring and using threat detection tools and monitoring devices.
- Performing data analysis.
- Interpreting results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation.
- Conducting security vulnerability assessments.
- Producing security reports.
- Patching vulnerabilities.
The first-class training that you will receive will ensure you’re well prepared and qualified to support global operations.
The nature of our role means we can’t share exactly what we do but these entertaining and informative Youtube clips are illustrative of Royal Signals work which includes areas such as Big Data, 5G, Cyber Security and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Want To Know More?
Interested in Cyber? Contact your RCMO
The first-class training you receive will ensure you’re well prepared and qualified to support global operations
- Train you to maintain a range of military and civilian systems
- Ensure you are trained to industry standards
- Arm you with the knowledge and skills to be effective both on the battlefield and within industry
We provide an extensive range of in-house courses (see below). If we need you to work on the latest technology we will send you on an appropriate accredited course. These include course provided by Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, SANS.
Exploring ICT & Cyber
If you are keen to progress your learning journey we will support you 100%
Through the Cisco Network Academy you can study any of the Cisco network Academy offerings. Once complete you can sit the certification in our own Pearson Vue approved test centre. You will also have access to the acclaimed Computer Based Training (CBT) Nuggets Service that provides the latest training media for the full spectrum of ICT training.
Curious? Intelligent? Innovative?
Could you rise to the Cyber Security Challenge?
Security and defence – the cool side of computing
The following is a sample of some of the in house training currently provided by the Royal Corps of Signals. The courses and qualifications cover a broad range of academic and military standards from BTEC level 3 (broadly equivalent to A level) through to level 7 MSc/postgraduate.
- MSc in Cyber and Information Assurance
- MSc Cyber Operations
- MSc Communications and Information Systems Management
- BEng Telecommunications System Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Management Information Systems
- FdSc Management of Military Communications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNP)
- Cyber Awareness
- Cyber Practitioner
- Cyber Advanced Practitioner
- Microsoft Server
- Electronic Warfare Techniques
- Service Management
- Project Management
- PC Repair
- Radio Communications
- Cryptographic management
As well as support from The Royal Signals Institution we also have partnerships with professional bodies such as the IET so that R SIGNALS personnel can have their skills and experience professionally recognised. The following awards can be achieved by R SIGNALS personnel:
- ICT Tech
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
For more information about Professional Registration see the following link: