Celebrating Royal Signals’ star-studded performances
From sport, work, community support and more.
Army Push and Pull event
- First overall Indy Singh – Gaining Corps (and himself) another Army record.
- Top in weight category Indy Singh.
- Top in weight category Big D Williams.
Ex Winged Lion
Two Corps awards and £3000 raised for RSBF
37th Signal Regiment under the command of then CO Lt Col Downes not only raised £3,000 for The RSBF, 50% more than their target, but they collected for local charities too. The 369 mile, eight day challenge saw the team cycling from Redditch via Coventry, Birmingham, Stafford, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Nottingham to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire.
In addition to stellar fundraising the team visited each Army Reserve Centre of the Regiment, promoting fitness, attracting potential recruits and engaging with local authorities and employers. 37th Signal Regiment were also awarded prizes for sport and recruiting at The Corps Conference.
In May 2016 Queen’s Gurkha Signals ‘A trusted unit’ exercised their Right of Freedom in Blandford Forum.
Leaders in a digital age
Championing and supporting success within and beyond The Corps.
Boxing for England
Signaller Shanice James of 54 Squadron, 37 Signal Regiment has had an outstanding year in the ring. Both a National and Combined Services champion she recently recorded a unanimous points win during her England v Kazakhstan match in Finland.
January 2016 saw Royal Signals boxer LCpl Turbitt of 22 Signal Regiment crowned both English champion and combined services champion.
One third of the the top firers in the Army are Royal Signals soldiers. Top individual performance: Sgt Khagendra who received the much coveted Queens Medal.
Honoured by Her Majesty in 2017
New Year Honours
- Colonel Graham Nicholas ADDLEY, Formerly Royal Corps of Signals.
- Lt Col Richard MacGregor CROMBIE
- Lt Col James Ryan KNIGHT MBE
- SSgt Ian James FLANNIGAN
- Sgt Jonathan Michael RIGG
- WO1 Adrian David KEEBLE
- WO1 Christopher Elwood KLASS
Queen’s Birthday Honours 2016
- Brigadier David Graeme Robson (late R SIGNALS)
- Major Graham Jackson Clark
- Corporal Robert Ian Harper
- Lt Col Julian Mark Picton, Royal Corps of Signals, Army Reserve
New Year Honours 2016
- Colonel Malcolm Paul Llewellyn OBE (Late R SIGNALS)
- Captain Graeme Campbell
- Captain Roderick Duncan Cowan
- Captain Naveed Muhammad